HOW TO GET THERE
Our new venue is located at 232 Mill Street, Taylors, SC 29687. This is the first large building on the historic Taylors Mill property. It is approximately 8 miles from downtown Greenville.
Parking is FREE at Indie Craft Parade! We will have designated lots with traffic officers and parking attendants on or near the venue property. There are no striped lots or parking garages.
Please follow the instructions of parking attendants and traffic officers.
1. Handicap accessible parking is directly adjacent to the building.
2. On Saturday / Sunday during high traffic hours we will direct people to park in satellite lots at Taylors First Baptist. The lot is about 1 mile from the venue, and there will be free shuttles to pick up and drop off attendees. There will be plenty of signage to mark where to go.
3. There is also limited parking on grass lots near the festival venue. Parking attendants will direct people in and out of these lots. Attendees should expect a 5-10 minute walk from their parking spaces to the festival entrance from these locations.
ADDITIONAL NOTES ON PARKING
If you need to drop off passengers at the festival entrance (families with small children, for example), there will be a pickup / drop off area at the entrance to the festival. All cars will then need to proceed to a designated lot.
The shuttle will run on Saturday and Sunday only.
Please park in designated Indie Craft Parade areas only.
Please do not park on the main roadway on Mill Street or disturb access to surrounding residential properties.
Please follow all instructions of parking attendants. The road leading into festival grounds is very narrow. We want to avoid bottlenecks, overcrowded roadways, and keep everyone safely in designated parking areas.
Indie Craft Parade’s new venue is significantly larger, which means we have expanded the number of artists, created wider aisles, and designated outdoor spaces for local food and beverage sellers -- all with the goal of making a more pleasant experience and reducing wait times for our attendees. We hope that people will come to the festival and stay for a while to enjoy themselves.
Upon arriving at the festival entrance, attendees will see flags that designate festival grounds. To enter festival grounds, all attendees over 12 years of age must pay admission and wear a wristband. The wristband is valid for the duration of the festival, so attendees may come and go as they please from the festival.
Anyone who enters the festival without a wristband will be sent to the ticket booth to purchase one.
Indie Craft Parade 2018 features the work of 95+ artisans in larger booth spaces. If you haven’t checked out the amazing list of participants, see them here and get excited.
New to this year is an expanded food area. We will have 8 local food vendors to provide entrees, snacks, coffee, and healthy options. There are limited offerings elsewhere on the Taylors Mill property -- like our generous partner 13 Stripes Brewery. However, since Indie Craft Parade is not located in a highly trafficked area, the closest concentration of food options (outside of the festival) is a couple miles away on Wade Hampton Blvd.
festival rules and code of conduct
Indie Craft Parade works very hard to provide a fun, clean, and safe atmosphere to enjoy and support handmade art. However, we do rely on the participation of our attendees to create a pleasant experience for everyone involved. Here are the expectations of Indie Craft Parade attendees. Those in violation may be asked to leave.
• Please respect the private property surrounding Taylors Mill. There are a number of homes and businesses close to the festival grounds that are not associated with Indie Craft Parade, and we want to be good neighbors.
• Please keep children close and consider leaving large strollers at home. There will be large crowds and many of our exhibitors will have breakable items on display. Strollers should never block walkways.
• Animals are not allowed at the Taylors Mill property, including emotional support animals. Registered service dogs are the exception.
• No smoking, skateboards, or bicycles are allowed within festival grounds.
• No one except official sponsors are allowed to distribute non-Indie Craft Parade literature at the event.
• All festival attendees are expected to be polite and civil towards their fellow guests and exhibitors.
• By attending Indie Craft Parade, all attendees agree to be photographed or videoed for promotional purposes.