Next Saturday we're going to have a station at the Kids' Maker Fest--a special event with The Children's Museum of the Upstate. The whole day is dedicated to teaching kids about the value of making and the different avenues that people use to incorporate making into their lives.
From The Children's Museum:A maker is a do-it-yourself kind of person, who engages their creativity and knowledge doing hands-on projects. Some makers are science and technology oriented while others are more crafty. All makers share a passion for creating, and believe that if something can be imagined it can be made!
Highlights from the day include:
- --Make and launch your own paper rockets
- --A hovercraft demonstration & make a mini hovercraft
- --Coder demonstrations on SCRATCH and STARLOGO
- --Use your imagination and build with MAKEDO cardboard projects
- --Playdough circuit activities
- --Make a bristlebot
- --Play with large robots
- --Designing stamps with the Indie Craft Parade
- --Trebuchet launch
If you've never taken the kids in your life to The Children's Museum, this is the perfect opportunity. Not only will you get to see their amazing regular exhibits, but also kids have access to all the stations available with The Maker Fest. Participation in The Maker Fest is free with general admission.
We hope to see you there! It's going to be a great day.